Monday, December 29, 2014

Sea Colours

Having had this dress for years now, I was pretty sure that I've exhausted all possible ways to style it. The graphic print makes it versatile for pairing with red or black shoes with matching belts. Sure, it worked with some layering and hosiery too. But one thing I realized recently is that updating a look doesn't always have to be with the use of accessories. Sometimes simply changing hairstyle can be a great factor too.

Admittedly, it’s my first time to experiment on a crown braid and I think (?) it worked for this look. Funny, I didn’t even watch some tutorials on this and just trusted my instinct on how to do it. Not bad I guess for someone who has zero hair styling talent. :P Even funnier, I haven’t had a repeat hairstyle since this ‘do from months ago. =))


And as for the title of this look? Let’s just say I should’ve added something yellow to complete all the names of the seas. =)

Dress: Petit Monde
Belt: Dorothy Perkins
Bag: Charles 'n Keith
Shoes: Marks & Spencer
Blazer: H&M (my brother's, lol!)
Sunnies: Flea market in Osaka
Necklace: Unbranded

And because I believe there's really no rules in doing the crown braid, here's a close-up of my work.


No comments:

Post a Comment