Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Belted Scarf


If the third pic of this post (June 2013) is anything to judge by, then we do know that Burberry F/W 14 runway didn’t really start the belted scarf trend. It was me. Hahaha! Honestly, I remember that look I created when I first saw Olivia Palermo pull it off in a fashion show. It was just too bad that in the picture, it didn’t really show it was belted because I still recall that on that day – it rained and unfortunately, I left my umbrella. Meaning, what better way to use my scarf right? And once indoor, it didn't take long to realize that my plain bag needed more accessorizing than my already printed ensemble. Scarves indeed are so useful. =) The reference pic is also posted below after the jump.


In the revival of the look here though, I opted to use this pink scarf I got from a trip to Siem Reap around January last year. We were enjoying our coconut juice then after seeing the Terrace of the Elephants when some persistent peddlers bugged us with their merchandises saying repeatedly “Lady, 1 dollar.” Haha! It was so hard to resist them and so was this scarf's light girly pink shade. So to keep up with the trend I used it in this off-shoulder floral dress and staying true to the color, matched it with this flower-structured bag I got from Bugis in Singapore and suede pumps of the same hue. It used to be a fashion trend to match color of bags and shoes but I guess adding your scarf to it wouldn’t hurt too. =)

Scarf: Unbranded from Siem Reap
Dress: Warehouse
Belt: My Aunt's (lol!)
Bag: Unbranded from Bugis
Shoes: Dorothy Perkins


No comments:

Post a Comment